Business Growth Executive – Energy Transition
Strohm is the leading manufacturer of Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP)with the world’s largest track-record after being the first to bring the technology to the Oil & Gas industry in 2007. TCP reduces total installed and life cycle cost for subsea flowlines, jumpers and risers and has proven to reduce the CO2 footprint of pipeline infrastructures by at least 50%. TCP is a strong, non-corrosive, spoolable, lightweight technology which is delivered in long lengths, resulting in a significant reduction of transportation and installation costs. TCP is installed using small vessels or subsea pallets, significantly reducing CO2 emissions. It is also 100% recyclable.
The company is committed to driving sustainability with its range of TCP solutions which enable clients towards their net-zero carbon emissions targets and supports the acceleration for Energy transition.
As countries are nowadays switching from coal, oil and gas to wind, water and sunlight to power their grids, the market is changing and therefor opportunities arise. Reporting to the CEO, the expert in this role is responsible to develop a new product line / delving the energy transition sector. You are a self-starter with a high-level understanding of energy markets and a track record of developing new business.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Establish the strategy for Energy in transition.
- Work with Management team to facilitate Company Vision & KPI’s (Key Performance Indictors / Target setting for (Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG).
- Lead all internal and external activities and initiatives around sustainability and achieving the targets.
- Ensure external certification for Carbon Footprint current and future on a product, as installed and LIFEX basis.
- Identify and lead proposal creation for targeted subsidies.
- Set up and manage 2 separate Steering Committees (Internal & external with shareholders / partners).
- Translate your findings in relevant policy and strategy advice to relevant stakeholders including regulators, policy makers, system operators and industry.
- Understanding the E-i-T/renewable markets; mapping the value chain, potential opportunities and timelines.
- Intercompany interfaces to support:
- Technology - Product Development prioritization and business case development
- Sales / Commercial
- To Regional VPs for prospect identification.
- Contribute to project proposals and offers to tenders.
- Manage defined tasks and budget related to your area of expertise.
- An approved strategy.
- Market evaluation and approach plan in coordination with Sales.
- Product development plan in coordination with R&D / Sales.
- Identify partnering opportunities.
- Identify available subsidies.
- Reporting ESG principles and approved implementation plan
- Participation, membership of Think tank, relevant bodies.
- You should hold as a minimum of Bachelor degree in Engineering, Economics, Business or similar.
- You have about 10 years of work experience within energy sector (preferably with renewables, E-i-T experience).
- You have factual knowledge on how todays’ energy markets are designed and regulated.
- Proven experience in developing new business lines.
- Track record in developing strategy & new business development.
- Technical experience, creative and proactive thinking capabilities, including having a problem-solving attitude.
- Should be a team player, clear communicator
- Experience & successful track in stakeholder management
- Language skills: fluent English, Dutch is a preference.
- NL based.
- We offer you a role within a dynamic, growing and innovative company.
- You will work in a pleasant, open and challenging work place with enthusiastic colleagues.
- Salary indication will be based on your relevant knowledge and work experience.
- Strohm has its own pension scheme.
- We offer 32 holidays based on fulltime employment.
- Office location: IJmuiden.
Before entering into an employment agreement, Strohm demands that (potential) employees apply for a VOG (Declaration on Behaviour).
If you require further information you can contact our HR department at phone number + 31 (0)255 763500.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online by submitting your application to email@example.com
Third party applications are not appreciated.