Mechanical Test Engineer
We are growing and evolving continuously and so we need you. Can we welcome you at Strohm as our new Test Engineer?
With your knowledge and experience of mechanical testing, test equipment and instrumentation, you will ensure that our products and materials are tested against internal and customer requirements and in accordance with quality and HSE procedures.
Your main responsibilities:
- Prepare and coordinate testing activities (qualification, functional and acceptance testing) with the team of test technicians. Ensure tests are completed on time and within budget.
- Analyze test data and compile technical documentation, including test specifications, test reports and work instructions.
- Coordinate and supervise tests performed at or subcontracted to external test facilities.
- Identify, design and realize new test methods and equipment.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge within the team regarding test procedures, equipment, instrumentation and developments within the testing discipline.
- Report to the team lead testing and the project team.
Skills and experience
- Higher vocational (BSc) or university (MSc) education in Engineering or comparable technical direction. Experience 0 – 1 year.
- Intermediate Technical School (MTS), 5 years relevant experience.
- Working experience in the industry or experience with mechanical testing and instrumentation
- Understanding equipment design (mechanical)
- Familiar with electric, hydraulic and control systems is advantageous.
- Knowledge and understanding of composite products is advantageous
- Good command of the English language (written & spoken) is essential, fluent in Dutch is advantageous
- Good IT-literacy, especially in MS Office
- Understanding of tensile testbenches advantageous
The position we offer you
- We offer you a role within a dynamic, growing and innovative company
- You will work in a pleasant, open and challenging work place with enthusiastic colleagues
- Salary indication will be based on your relevant knowledge and work experience
- Strohm has its own pension scheme
- We offer 32 holidays based on fulltime
- You will be stationed at our office in Ijmuiden
The test team is integrated in the multidisciplinary department TCP Engineering and consists of Mechanical Test Engineers and Mechanical Test Operators. The team has its own test facility, which includes equipment for high pressure burst and collapse testing and various mechanical test set-ups. As a test engineer you will report directly to the responsible team lead, while working in project teams and in close collaboration with the other departments.