Junior Project Engineer
As a Junior Project Engineer you are providing support to the project engineering team with supplying fully fit-for-purpose TCP solutions using your engineering and coordination skills.
Perform engineering activities within the assigned projects and ensure engineering documents and project deliverables are delivered on time and within budget. This includes the design of the TCP and all related equipment and ancillaries. Main focus is on the design and analysis of a fit-for-purpose solution that balances product performance, project risks and costs.
• Provide overall technical support to the Project Engineering Team.
• Perform installation and in-place analysis on risers, flowlines and jumper spools as part of projects delivery.
• Identify possibilities for improving the competitiveness of our products.
• Report to the Project Engineering Team lead and to the Project Manager assigned to the project.
• Ensure compliance to both engineering as well as project control procedures.
• Provide offshore support where and when needed (site visit, first installation / deployment).
Skills and experience
• UAS or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, Marine Engineering, Offshore or Subsea engineering, or equivalent. Equivalent degree in sciences.
• Experience with performing pipeline installation and/or in-place analysis using Orcaflex software.
• Any relevant working experience in the oil and gas industry, knowledge of offshore codes (e.g. DNV, API, ISO, NORSOK etc.) and offshore engineering is advantageous.
• Experience in technical subcontract management of equipment and ancillaries is advantageous.
• Good command of the English language (written & spoken) is essential. Dutch is advantageous.
• Good IT-literacy, especially in MS Office
• Willing to work offshore when required
• We offer you a role within a dynamic, growing and innovative company
• You will work in a pleasant, open and challenging work place with enthusiastic colleagues
• Salary indication will be based on your relevant knowledge and work experience
• STROHM has its own pension scheme
• We offer 32 holidays based on fulltime employment
• Office location: IJmuiden
About the company
STROHM is a young and dynamic company that designs and manufactures high-end Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP) for the oil and gas industry. The head office is near Amsterdam in The Netherlands, with offices in Houston and Kuala Lumpur. The company is constantly developing. We are a young multinational, operating world-wide, currently employing 17 nationalities. TCP is a revolutionary product that enables STROHM to become an important supplier to the oil and gas industry. The application of TCP allows for change of the current ways of working and enables more cost-efficient project execution. The atmosphere at STROHM is enterprising, pioneering and collegial, together we are building a unique product.
The engineering for TCP design and its application is integrated in the multidisciplinary department TCP Engineering. Project Engineers are part of the Application Engineering team and report to the responsible engineering Team lead, while working in close collaboration with the Composites Engineering team to develop a full fit-for-purpose TCP solution.
If you require further information, please contact our HR department: + 31 (0)255 763500.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your application to email@example.com
Third party applications are not appreciated.