To make our financial team complete, we are looking for you; our new Financial Accountant.
What are you responsible for?
- Correct processing of all purchase invoices, resolution of issues, ensuring controls against incorrect payments / fraud in invoice payment process
- Ensure timely delivery of dedicated month end closing information
- Correct creation of all sales and custom invoices
- Responsible for cash and cash equivalents processing (recording, control of transaction and issue resolution)
- Responsible for processing, calculation and reporting of VAT monthly to tax authorities
- Ensure that all staff are aware of and correctly follow specific finance processes (e.g. invoices payment process, expense process)
You will have the below tasks:
Processing of all purchase invoices, including controls with 3-way check, coding for correct cost recording, archiving.
Issues resolution on incorrect invoices across the company and externally - with suppliers
Creating of all sales and customs invoices
Resolution of outstanding sales invoices
Executing accounting processes and controls over the cash and cash equivalents (petty cash / bank / company credit cards)
Processing bank transactions, including setting up payment batches, executing controls over cash balances and calculating the necessary deposits
Executing controls and processing the expense reports of Strohm and all its subsidiaries staff
Resolving issues on General Ledger accounts
Preparation of input into yearly closing and audit
Accounting for VAT in a timely manner
- Resolving issues with invoicing (internally and externally)
- Handling issues with suppliers
- Resolving issues on General Ledger accounts
- Resolving issues with expense claims if needed
Who are you?
The financial department has a lot of contact with the rest of the organization. Colleagues will come to you with questions and requests. You as financial accountant are more than willing to answer them. Explaining the situation or procedures is no issue for you at all. This is a very diverse role with growth possibility.
- MEAO direction: business administration or MBA / MBO education (level 4) in a financial direction
- General computer skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Communication skills in word and writing, both in Dutch and English
Third party applications are not appreciated.