Composite Manufacturing Engineer
About the job
You are responsible for the definition and control of all the parameters that determine the quality of our product (Thermoplastic Composite Pipe) in our continuous composite production process. You ensure that the production process runs with the required efficiency (output) and the right quality (product performance). This is an all-round function that requires global understanding of all the main engineering elements: process, equipment, controls and process modelling. Furthermore, you have an understanding of statistical process control.
- Define and coordinate cost-effective manufacturing campaign plans
- Define, test and improve machine hardware setup and all manufacturing parameters
- Define, test and improve composite material processing recipes and limits including hardware configuration selection
- Continuously monitor the process, including Critical To Quality (CTQ) parameters
- Perform data analysis and trending
- Perform non-conformity handling and non-conformity reduction projects
- Evaluate quality test results
- Perform continuous improvement projects
Skills and experience
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Composite Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Science or equivalent
- Fundamental knowledge of thermoplastic composite properties, manufacturing methods, constituent behavior
- Experience with thermoplastic composite processing is of advantage
- Relevant work experience is of advantage, but not required with a relevant degree
- Strong analytical skills, including statistical analysis
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good command of English and sufficient command of Dutch to communicate with process operators
Before entering into an employment agreement, Strohm requires that (potential) employees provide a VOG (Declaration on Behavior).
- We offer you a role within a dynamic, growing and innovative company
- You will work in a pleasant, open and challenging work place with enthusiastic colleagues
- Salary indication will be based on your relevant knowledge and work experience
- Airborne Oil & Gas has its own pension scheme
- We offer 32 holidays based on fulltime
- You will be stationed at our office in IJmuiden
About the company
Strohm is an exciting and diverse organization, with the goal to deploy new TCP technologies in the energy arena. At Strohm you are part of the energy transition from the heart, from serving traditional offshore developments in the Oil and Gas sphere to future developments in CCUS and Hydrogen transport. Together with the rest of the Strohm organization we ensure projects are delivered safely, with high quality, on time and within budget, and specifically within operations ensuring that Strohm has the most reliable and efficient plant and equipment to execute commercial projects and R&D..
You will be part of the Production Engineering Team. The team is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers that carries out and optimizes the TCP manufacturing processes and works closely with the production operators. The team also provides production support and operator training, and team members are assigned to a cross-department project team that is responsible for delivering commercial projects to customers.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your application to email@example.com.
Third party applications are not appreciated