We are growing and evolving continuously and so we need you. Can we welcome you at Strohm as our new Buyer?
What will you do?
You, as Buyer at Strohm, will be based in IJmuiden the Netherlands. You will be responsible for purchasing the raw materials, (technical) consumables , services and non-project related products in time and at the right costs. You are capable of building and maintaining an international network of suppliers, you create and run RFQ’s. You support the Operational Services Manager in controlling the entire purchasing portfolio. Together you determine the required purchasing strategies and the potential suppliers based on the internal need of materials/services and input from technical and project teams. Together with the Purchasing Assistant you are responsible for the purchase administration, from creating the Purchase order till receipt of the requested materials and services.
Key Result Areas:
- Delivery; ensure that raw materials and parts are always available in line with internal production needs.
- Negotiation; ensure that best prices and commercial terms are achieved.
- Relationship Building; this is no problem for you. You have excellent communication and networking skills to interact with suppliers, subcontractors, the operations and finance teams, senior management and other internal stakeholders.
About Strohm and the team
Strohm is an exciting and diverse organisation, with the goal to deploy new TCP technologies in the energy arena. At Strohm you are part of the energy transition from the heart, from serving traditional offshore developments in the Oil and Gas sphere to future developments in CCUS and Hydrogen transport. Together with the rest of the Strohm organization we ensure projects are delivered safely, with high quality, on time and within budget.
Who are you?
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Commercially focused to find pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical skills combined with a holistic mind-set
- Ability to interact on complex technical levels
- Consistently demonstrate a smart business mind and the intellectual curiosity about new and better ways at Strohm
- Minimum of three years' experience in a commercial role within a technical environment
- Knowledge and understanding of technologies used in chemicals or metal working is preferred
- Experienced in reviewing contractual documentation and using ERP systems
- A team player who is focused on getting results and who has strong analytical skills
- Good command of the Dutch and English language.
- Great negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and networking skills to interact with project stakeholders and suppliers
- A Higher vocational education degree (HBO), in either a technical or commercial field .
- NEVI 1 certificate preferred