Business Development Manager - Africa
The Business Development Manager is a key role in generating new business in Africa, one of our key markets. The role encompasses all aspects of business development through lead generation, tendering and negotiation of successful contracts.
A region with significant potential, we are seeking a Business Development Manager with a commercial background to join our team, with the following key attributes:
- A drive to succeed in acquisition, effective in utilizing and expanding our network, in finding new ways and create leads.
- Tenacity in converting leads to contracts. Able to work at several levels in the client's organisation, surrounding the deal and ensuring all stakeholders are engaged positively. Contracts negotiations and deal closing.
- Firm in commitment to our policies towards integrity and business ethics. Zero tolerance for any conflict of interest or breach of policies.
- Technically adept, thorough understanding of “high-criticality” products in a conservative market. Deep knowledge of the SURF and preferably also SWI markets. Proud of our heritage and technology and comfortable in the face of technology experts and senior management levels within our client's organisations.
- Experienced in sales processes, including concept, FEED, ITT etc. Understanding why the deal is “won” prior to ITT.
- Key Account Management, working with strategic accounts on various levels to qualify, target strategic projects and become the preferred and approved vendor.
The Business Development Manager is part of the commercial team of AOG, reporting to the VP Europe & Africa and is supported by Tender Management, Proposal Engineering, Marketing and Legal.
Skills and experience
- Qualified to Degree level and/or requisite experience in a relevant commercial role.
- Minimum five years in a responsible commercial position in the offshore Oil & Gas industry
- Specific experience in the SURF area would be an advantage
- Experience of running complex multilevel negotiations
- Stakeholder management
- Experience in contract negotiations and concluding contracts with major clients
- Excellent communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of technologies used in the Oil & Gas industry
- Excellent knowledge of the English language