Business Development Manager - Africa
Strohm is a young and dynamic company that designs and manufactures high-end Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP) for the oil and gas industry. The head office is near Amsterdam in The Netherlands, with offices in Houston and Kuala Lumpur. The company is constantly developing. We are a young multinational, operating world-wide, currently employing 17 nationalities. TCP is a revolutionary product that enables AOG to become an important supplier to the oil and gas industry. The application of TCP allows for change of the current ways of working and enables more cost-efficient project execution. The atmosphere at AOG is enterprising, pioneering and collegial. Together we are building a unique product.
The Business Development Manager is a key role in generating new business in Africa, one of our key markets. The role encompasses all aspects of business development through lead generation, tendering and negotiation of successful contracts.
A region with significant potential, we are seeking a Business Development Manager with a commercial background to join our team, with the following key attributes:
- A drive to succeed in acquisition, effective in utilizing and expanding our network, in finding new ways and create leads.
- Tenacity in converting leads to contracts. Able to work at several levels in the client's organisation, surrounding the deal and ensuring all stakeholders are engaged positively. Contracts negotiations and deal closing.
- Firm in commitment to our policies towards integrity and business ethics. Zero tolerance for any conflict of interest or breach of policies.
- Technically adept, thorough understanding of “high-criticality” products in a conservative market. Deep knowledge of the SURF and preferably also SWI markets. Proud of our heritage and technology and comfortable in the face of technology experts and senior management levels within our client's organisations.
- Experienced in sales processes, including concept, FEED, ITT etc. Understanding why the deal is “won” prior to ITT.
- Key Account Management, working with strategic accounts on various levels to qualify, target strategic projects and become the preferred and approved vendor.
In this role, the Business Development Manager engages with operators, contractors, engineering firms, manufacturers, partners and agents. The Business Development Manager maps the market and determines the most effective roadmap to create successful introduction of our products. Where and if required, the Business Development Manager selects agents, and carries out due diligence where possible.
The role has a high level of commercial independence and includes all elements of sales, from prospect and lead creation to preparation of the tenders, writing proposals, developing pursuit plans, visiting clients and other stakeholders and negotiation of contracts.The Business Development Manager is part of the commercial team of AOG, reporting to the VP Europe & Africa and is supported by Tender Management, Proposal Engineering, Marketing and Legal.
Qualified to Degree level and/or requisite experience in a relevant commercial role.
- Minimum five years in a responsible commercial position in the offshore Oil & Gas industry
- Specific experience in the SURF area would be an advantage
- Experience of running complex multilevel negotiations
- Stakeholder management
- Experience in contract negotiations and concluding contracts with major clients
- Excellent communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of technologies used in the Oil & Gas industry
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
We offer an exciting, challenging, motivating and ultimately rewarding job in our fast growing and innovative company. You will work in an open, internationally oriented environment, with enthusiastic and driven colleagues. You can expect a good remuneration package.
If you require further information, please contact our HR department: + 31 (0)255 763500.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party applications are not appreciated.