Reporting directly into the Operations Director this role is responsible for the entire operation of the manufacturing facility. This includes the management and coordination of daily activities to ensure high performance and production at all times throughout the manufacturing process. Responsible for leading the manufacturing cells, work centres and shifts. To ensure all work is performed in a safe manner with a competent work force. At the same time ensuring the quality and on time delivery of the product is maintained to meet customer expectations. Other duties include ensuring company policies and procedures are followed, interfacing at all levels of the organization to communicate production progress, reporting of KPI’s & managing OPEX budgets. Experience in a TCP production environment with an ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks is essential to this role.
- Drive the safety culture of ‘STOP WORK’ across the manufacturing facility and ensure all operators are trained to safely perform their duties on a daily basis.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations of the manufacturing facility to exceed customer expectations.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Support in the development of production schedules and issue of ‘frozen plan’ to ensure alignment from all areas of the business; in particular Commercial, Technology and Asset Management.
- Reporting of manufacturing progress against the ‘frozen plan’ including mitigations to recover against unplanned downtime.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives to provide a clear sense of direction and focus to shop floor staff.
- Evaluate and improve manufacturing methods for maximum efficiency, productivity and performance.
- Support CI & Lean activities across the shop floor through driving process improvement Kaizens to reduce cycle time on various different activities.
- Oversee all levels of staff activity, performance and appraisals for personnel including recommended changes in salary.
- Oversee the screening, interviews and manage the onboarding process of new hires.
- Support CAPEX team in the delivery of CAPEX projects and if necessary act as operational point of contact for any queries.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions including lessons learned, risk assessments and management of change.
- Support Cell Leaders and Supervisors in the management and maintenance of the visual management boards (GEMBA / info centre) on shop floor.
- Support Operations Director in reporting progress to the Management Team and Supervisory Board.
- Support where necessary with the implementation of ERP system to ensure a fully integrated business system is delivered.
- Responsible for effective hand over of production equipment to maintenance for planned maintenance windows.
- Final approval of new equipment installation, equipment upgrades and return to service following maintenance activities.
- Responsible for managing and controlling OPEX budget of manufacturing including reporting against approved budget and forecasting spend.
- Any other business related activities as directed by the Operations Director.
Qualifications / Requirements
- At least 8 years’ experience in a TCP production environment with experience in the following areas; extrusion, tape winding, composite consolidation and controls.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Change agent skilled at dealing with change and strong influencing skills particularly with frontline production staff and internal stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal / written communication skills with an ability to operate at all levels within the business.
- Team player able to work well across business operations and develop strong relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to influence teams regarding quality, productivity and customer service.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work autonomously with limited direction but also effectively as part of a team.
- This role will have numerous direct reports including; 5 shift leaders and two cell leaders as a minimum.
If you require further information you can contact our HR department at phone number + 31 (0)255 763500.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online by submitting your application to email@example.com
Third party applications are not appreciated.