Background and context
Strohm was first a business unit of Airborne International until it became an independent company in 2014. It is a young and dynamic company that designs and manufactures fully bonded Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP). Strohm is headquartered in Ijmuiden (near Amsterdam in The Netherlands), with offices in Houston, Brazil and Kuala Lumpur.
In 2012, a full-scale production site for TCP was built in IJmuiden (Port of Amsterdam). Today, we can proudly say that Strohm has the world's largest TCP track record.
Strohm currently employs around 100 staff, and we have market-leading investors including HPE Growth Capital, Shell Technology Ventures, Chevron Ventures, Saudi Aramco, Aker Solutions, Subsea7, Sumitomo and Evonik Ventures.
As HR manager you advise the management at strategic and tactical level on all people related issues. You initiate innovative HR and change projects in which you are also operationally involved. You are key in building the desired culture and engagement, developing Strohm as an attractive employer and you are responsible for internal communications.
You will be in charge of personal and career development, organizational planning, compensation and benefits, employee happiness and engagement, performance management, training and development. In short: the whole employee experience.
To be successful in this role you’ll need high energy, a getting things done attitude mixed with a big dose of empathy and entrepreneurial mindset.
In the coming years the HR Manager with her/his team will work on the following focus areas:
- Building and maintaining the desired culture and employee engagement
- HR Policy Development and Implementation, including Reward
- Managing and delivering (organizational) change projects
- Increasing personal leadership at all levels within the company
- Working closely and effectively with the Staff Council
- Professionalizing Facility Management (reception, office management, canteen)
- Internal communications
- Management Team development
- Coordination of the Supervisory Board Human Capital Select committee
The ideal candidate sees in this role a fantastic challenge to put HR further on the map and to develop both teams and individuals. The successful candidate has a passion and keen interest in building engagement and culture and has experience with internal communications. He or she is able to work in a dynamic environment and can deal with ambiguity.
Candidates for this position must have the following background/experience:
- Completed university education and/or level of work and thinking.
- Some 10+ years of experience as an HR Business partner.
- Being able to offer solutions in the context of:
- Building employee engagement and organizational culture
- Organisational development
- Learning & development
- Talent management
- Managing and coaching the HR team
- Recruitment of (senior) managers, specialists
- HR policies, Reward, insurance and pensions
- Employment benefits in NL, US, KL, Rio
- Affinity with technology and working with people with technical backgrounds
- Dynamic, innovative and energetic mind-set.
- Experience working in an ambiguous environment, characterised by reorganisation and/or growth
- Demonstrable professional experience in the field of organizational change management (development and implementation)
- Proven experience with leadership trajectories, management development and talent development
- Manufacturing experience preferred, from perspective of knowledge of environments which contain both Blue Collar and white collar staff
- Mastery of the Dutch and English language
Able to connect with and relate to employees in all layers of the organization and build bridges between different layers of the organization.
Pragmatism, with a quick grasp of essentials and resilience to deal with bears on the road
Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and demanding environment with multiple on-going short and long term tasks
Able to get the best out of the employees in an inspiring and coaching way, focusing on their personal development in combination with the desired results of the organization
Team player. Ability to be a strong coach. Sound awareness in and maturity with respect to own strengths and weaknesses, and proven ability to mitigate the latter.
Makes decisions and initiatives to take action. Self-starter. Takes the lead in projects.
This is a rare opportunity to come in at a crucial and exciting phase of an early stage growth company where a significant value is attainable in the short to medium term.
As a member of the senior Management team, the HR Manager will contribute and add demonstrable value to broader business discussions, decision making and performance.
If you are eager to make the next step in your career, to become a leader, be a member of the senior Management Team and have ultimate responsibility for all people issues within the company then this is a fantastic role for you!
If you require further information you can contact our HR department at phone number + 31 (0)255 763500.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online by submitting your application to email@example.com
Third party applications are not appreciated.