Control Systems Engineer
About the job
As a Control System Engineer you guarantee the availability of our production installations and you are at the basis of modifications to the installations to improve the installation availability. You develop new, or you update existing production machines- and lines by adding functionality or to expand existing functionalities. Based on your knowledge and experience you know how to quickly resolve faults. You are responsible for the design and implementation of modifications to the (control) systems.
In this position you work closely with engineers, maintenance and production personnel and you report to the Team Lead Manufacturing Technology. You have a varied range of tasks, in which you are deployed both on troubleshooting and improvement. With regards to troubleshooting, you are responsible for solving faults on measuring instruments, PLC hardware, communication faults, disruptions to industrial PC's and HMI Systems.
Skills and experience
- 10+ years of experience on industrial automation and controls
- NOT a software engineer, i.e., only programming experience (e.g., PLC)
- Education and experience
- Controls or Electrical engineering [Masters or PhD]
- Factory/manufacturing/production experience is must
- Changing jobs is GOOD, 3-4 companies would be optimal.
- Some keywords: PLC, DCS, LCS, PID, various communication protocols, FAT, SAT, SCADA, SPC, system architecture.
- Keen on physics, data analysis and reporting
- Motivated candidate, analytical skills, and fast learning ability
- The candidate will be working in a multidisciplinary team, where his/her task would to be to robustly develop and integrate the automation and controls for the production lines, i.e., holistically software and hardware (Sensor – Controller – Actuator).
- Communication skills: Complex concepts into simple and clear message.
- We offer you a role within a dynamic, growing and innovative company.
- You will work in a pleasant, open and challenging work place with enthousiastic colleagues.
- Salary indication will be based on your relevant knowledge and work experience.
- We have our own pension scheme.
- We offer 32 holidays based on fulltime employment.
- Office location: IJmuiden.
Before entering into an employment agreement, Strohm demands that (potential) employees apply for a VOG (Declaration on Behaviour).
About the company
Strohm designs and manufactures the world's most advanced composite pipe systems for the offshore industry. Our brand-new, world-scale manufacturing facility near Amsterdam, the Netherlands, will enable us to meet the fast-growing demands of our global customer base and offers room for further expansion. Our unique and proprietary technology is a key enabler for complex on- and offshore applications. It allows our clients to develop fields in deeper waters and significantly reduce time and costs for well intervention and operation in the most aggressive and demanding environments. Our client base consists of almost all major oil companies, service companies and leading contractors around the globe.
You will work in a multidisciplinary Production Line Team, together with operators, fellow production engineers and engineers from the Technology development department.
If you require further information you can contact our HR department at phone number + 31 (0)255 763500.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online by submitting your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Third party applications are not appreciated.