Strohm is the leading manufacturer of Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP)with the world’s largest track-record after being the first to bring the technology to the Oil & Gas industry in 2007. TCP reduces total installed and life cycle cost for subsea flowlines, jumpers and risers and has proven to reduce the CO2 footprint of pipeline infrastructures by at least 50%. TCP is a strong, non-corrosive, spoolable, lightweight technology which is delivered in long lengths, resulting in a significant reduction of transportation and installation costs. TCP is installed using small vessels or subsea pallets, significantly reducing CO2 emissions. It is also 100% recyclable.
The company is committed to driving sustainability with its range of TCP solutions which enable clients towards their net-zero carbon emissions targets and supports the acceleration for Energy transition.
About the job
You carry out the engineering work to design fit-for-purpose Thermoplastic Composite Pipes (TCP) and all related equipment and ancillaries.
- Create Finite Element models of TCP, end fitting and equipment interacting with TCP
- Perform stress analyses
- Perform strength, fatigue and creep calculations
- Perform failure predictions (for process quality testing and product qualification testing) and define test acceptance criteria
- Define optimal TCP lay-up
- Prepare design reports and product datasheets
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Master or Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or equivalent
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Fundamental knowledge of composite properties, manufacturing methods, material modelling, constituent behaviour
- Global understanding of composites, TCP behaviour, deck equipment, offshore installation and subsea engineering
- Experience in strength and stiffness analysis (FEA) preferably Abaqus
- Experience in engineering processes and documentation (reports, drawings, RCA)
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good command of the English language (written & spoken) is essential. Dutch is advantageous.
The engineering for TCP design and its application is integrated in the multidisciplinary department TCP Engineering. Composite Engineers are part of the Composite Engineering team and report to the responsible engineering Team Lead, while working in close collaboration with the Application Engineering team to develop a full fit-for-purpose TCP solution.
- We offer you a role within a dynamic, growing and innovative company
- You will work in a pleasant, open and challenging work place with enthusiastic colleagues
- Salary indication will be based on your relevant knowledge and work experience
- Strohm has its own pension scheme
- We offer 32 holidays based on fulltime
- You will be stationed at our office in IJmuiden