CAD Engineer (Draughtsman)
About the job
The role of the draughtsman is making technical drawings and supporting the project engineering team with subcontractor management within commercial projects. You apply your draughting and engineering skills to support in the supply of full fit-for-purpose Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP) solutions for subsea applications.
The main responsibility is to provide support to the project engineering team making technical drawings in 3D CAD. This includes detailed part design of TCP ancillaries, full assemblies of TCP on reel and as installed in offshore constructions. Furthermore, support is provided to the project engineering team in the procurement process for TCP ancillaries. This includes making technical specifications and technical management of subcontractors.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years working experience in a similar role and industry
- Excellent 3D CAD skills
- Experience with CREO V2, V4 & V6 is advantageous
- Experienced in technical subcontract management of equipment and ancillaries.
- Familiar with Oil & Gas industry and its design codes
- Good command of the English language (written & spoken) is essential. Dutch is advantageous.
- Good IT-literacy, especially in MS Office
- We offer you a role within a dynamic, growing and innovative company
- You will work in a pleasant, open and challenging work place with enthusiastic colleagues
- Salary indication will be based on your relevant knowledge and work experience
- STROHM has its own pension scheme
- We offer 32 holidays based on fulltime employment
- Office location: IJmuiden
About the company
Strohm is a young and dynamic company that designs and manufactures high-end Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP) for subsea applications. The head office is near Amsterdam in The Netherlands and Strohm has regional offices in Houston, Kuala Lumpur and Brazil. The company is constantly developing. We are a young multinational, operating world-wide, currently employing 17 nationalities. TCP is a revolutionary product that enables Strohm to become an important supplier to the oil and gas industry. The application of TCP allows for change of the current ways of working and enables more cost-efficient project execution. The atmosphere at Strohm is enterprising, pioneering and collegial, together we are building a unique product.
The engineering for TCP design and its application is integrated in the multidisciplinary department TCP Engineering. Project Engineers are part of the Project Engineering team and report to the responsible engineering Team lead, while working in close collaboration with the Composites Engineering team to develop a full fit-for-purpose TCP solution.
If you require further information, please contact our HR department: + 31 (0)255 763500. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party applications are not appreciated.