The best solution for your pipeline infrastructure
TCP is designed with the end-user in mind; your requirement for cost, performance, service life, maintenance, risk, planning and schedule are the starting points for our TCP design and optimization. TCP is not a standard solution but optimized through deep understanding of our markets.
In the SURF markets, Strohm offers TCP both for brownfield as well as greenfield projects. Our TCP Jumpers, Spools, Flowlines and Risers significantly reduce cost in SURF packages, with impact beyond the subsea scope, enabling operators to develop reserves at lower cost, for longer:
- Flexible well jumpers and spools reduce cost by up to 60% through lower pipe, transportation and installation cost. The flexible TCP Jumper does not require any metrology
- TCP Flowlines are fast and easy to install at lowest cost, with simplified riser pull in and fast offshore termination
- With the use of high performance composites, Strohm design risers that withstand operational temperatures beyond 100 Degrees C and working pressures of 10.000 psi. This is achieved while reducing hang off weights of the riser by 70% compared to the traditional solution with rigid or Flexible risers
- The lower hang-off weights of the TCP Riser reduce the load on the FPSO or production floater, reducing the cost and size of riser balconies, riser pull-in and mooring systems, leaving more capacity for core hydrocarbon processing functions
- The total lack of corrosion, combined with a state of the art integrity monitoring approach, ensures continuous operation at lowest operating cost possible
Strohm currently develops free hanging TCP Risers for Pre-Salt developments in Brazil.
Hydrogen and Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage (CCUS)
We see a huge market potential in offshore wind in combination with offshore green hydrogen generation. For this market, our TCP Flowlines and Risers are the ultimate solution for hydrogen transport at lowest life cycle cost:
- TCP does not suffer from hydrogen embrittlement and as such can handle hydrogen at any pressure; TCP does not have to be “downrated” in order to be used for hydrogen
- For low pressure applications, Strohm offers our standard TCP Flowline solution, however with integrated permeation barrier. This ensures permeation does not occur during hydrogen transport
- With the ability to manufacture and deliver TCP Flowlines in lengths up to 5000 meters per reel, with integrated weight coating, we provide the lowest offshore installed cost solution in the market today, which is competitive with steel on an as-installed basis
- TCP Flowline is a qualified, field proven solution in up to 7.5 inch ID
- Through quick installation of end-fittings offshore, the TCP can be pulled into the tower and terminated quickly offshore
- For floating wind, Strohm have developed a qualified TCP Riser ideal for dynamically loaded applications, connecting floating wind installations to their customer
With CO2 pricing set to increase in the future, CCUS will be a vital part of the energy system. TCP is well suited for CO2 transport:
- Our current TCP qualifications already cover CO2 exposure and as such is qualified for CO2 transport already
- TCP is non corrosive which includes CO2 – even in combination with seawater, a lethal mix for conventional flexibles, TCP is insensitive to CO2
- TCP is designed for higher pressures and as such can handle all pressure regimes that are anticipated for CCUS
Subsea Well Intervention
Strohm provides the world’s only high-pressure pipe that combines a smooth bore with high collapse resistance and flexibility.
Our product range for the subsea well intervention market doubles the capability of RLWI vessels and improves the uptime of medium and heavy intervention vessels by providing a qualified, field- proven and reliable fluid conduit. For Riserless Light Well Intervention (RLWI), our pipe products increase the capability and effectiveness, reduce the cost of intervention and enable increased oil recovery. For medium and heavy intervention, our TCP Hose product enables monobore operations while increasing uptime.
We supply the following products for subsea well intervention:
- TCP Jumper for the vital connection between main conduit (drillpipe, coiled tubing or downline) and the wellhead, injection skid or well stimulation tool
- TCP Downline as the main free hanging conduit, for high flowrates, fast and lightweight operation
- TCP Hose as the main conduit clamped to the riser or pod wire in medium or heavy intervention