About the company
Strohm is an exciting and diverse organization, with the goal to deploy new TCP pipes technologies in the energy arena. At Strohm you are part of the energy transition from the heart, from serving traditional offshore developments in the Oil and Gas sphere to future developments in CCUS and Hydrogen transport. Together with the rest of the Strohm organization we ensure projects are delivered safely, with high quality, on time and within budget, and specifically within operations ensuring that Strohm has the most reliable and efficient plant and equipment to execute commercial projects and R&D..
About the job
At Strohm we are looking for a high potential business controller who wants to grow within the company and will be working very closely to the board/CFO. There is lots of room for initiatives and own ideas on how to improve our business. A once in a lifetime opportunity to learn and participate at the highest echelons in an organization. You will be coached by the CFO but at the same time be ready to stand on your own two feet and deep dive independently - hit the ground running. What you need to succeed is a intuition, guts, drive and an eager attitude to help us hit our growth targets.
• Support and improve the monthly management reporting process.
• Support our forecasting and budgeting processes with focus on cashflow planning.
• Provide insights on business performance from a financial angle.
• Support department heads and Management Board with understanding their financials.
• Drive business improvement initiatives. How can we speed up things? How can we make processes more effective and efficient? Screening all businesses and departments for increased performance chances. From procurement to factory logistics going way back to sales or marketing, all is included and on the table.
• Support the CFO with ad-hoc requests, analysis, and presentations.
• Support on funding activities.
This is a full-time role based in our IJmuiden HQ, although there is plenty of opportunity to work from home or from our hubs in Amsterdam and/or the Hague. You will be reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer and working closely with the whole Finance team as also peers from other departments. The job is partly focused on supporting our monthly management reporting cycle, but the larger part is on supporting the business in achieving better understanding and performance. This role has a lot of room of your initiatives and ideas and offers great potential for personal development.
Skills and experience
The organisation is maturing and continuously developing. The business controller will have a broad scope of work across the different functions of the organisation. You will apply your skills and experience from working in high performing organizations in a relatively young and developing company. This requires a broad financial experience, a hands-on mentality, a self-starter attitude pro-active communication skills and excellent people skills. Take full responsibility for scope that has been allocated to you. Used to taking the lead and focus on objectives and results.
• HBO or University degree in Finance.
• 5+ years of relevant (international) working experience as an assistant controller or similar role.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English and Dutch.
• Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
• Enjoys working in a dynamic environment with people from various backgrounds (at Strohm we have 21 different nationalities).
• Enjoys a wide scope, from procurement to sales, working with our factory, logistics team and our technology people, in the Netherlands, Brazil and Asia.
• Hands on and a wizard of Excel and Powerpoint and willing to help out our business teams when they need support. Ability to keep up in a fast paced and ever-changing environment. Roll up your sleeves!
• Experience in insights automation like PowerBI is nice to have
• The job description won’t decide on your success, you will make the job work.
• We offer you a role within a dynamic, growing and innovative company
• You will work in a pleasant, open and challenging work place with enthusiastic colleagues
• Salary indication will be based on your relevant knowledge and work experience
• Strohm has its own pension scheme
• We offer 32 holidays based on fulltime