About the company
Strohm is the leading manufacturer of Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP)with the world’s largest track-record after being the first to bring the technology to the Oil & Gas industry in 2007. TCP reduces total installed and life cycle cost for subsea flowlines, jumpers and risers and has proven to reduce the CO2 footprint of pipeline infrastructures by at least 50%. TCP is a strong, non-corrosive, spoolable, lightweight technology which is delivered in long lengths, resulting in a significant reduction of transportation and installation costs. TCP is installed using small vessels or subsea pallets, significantly reducing CO2 emissions. It is also 100% recyclable.
The company is committed to driving sustainability with its range of TCP solutions which enable clients towards their net-zero carbon emissions targets and supports the acceleration for Energy transition.
Reporting directly into the Operations Director this role is focused on supporting the manufacturing work centers from a technical perspective, ensuring that any changes or upgrades on the shop floor have been technically reviewed and approved before implementation. The AME Engineer will act as the interface with Technology. Working to ensure the future needs of the business are captured on the shop floor in terms of equipment design and capability. As AME Engineer you will be responsible for the development and introduction of the next generation equipment e.g. taping line 2.0, automation and adoption of industry 4.0 initiatives such as BIG data, MBE, PLM. The AME Engineer will also support the CAPEX team in the generation of functional specifications and providing technical support over such specifications. Production engineering experience in an extrusion process environment with an ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks is essential to this role.
• Support the safety culture of ‘STOP WORK’ on the shop floor.
• Technical authority on the shop floor responsible for ensuring any equipment modifications, upgrades or introduction of new equipment have been technically reviewed and approved before implementation.
• Primary interface with Technology Team to ensure shop floor capability keeps pace with advances in materials, processes and the evolution of TCP. In its ever expanding market place including the energy transition.
• Act as a consultant for the Production Cells in resolution of production issues when required. To ensure downtime on assets is kept to a minimum and that on time delivery of quality pipe is maintained.
• Develop and manage industrialization process on the shop floor. To ensure new equipment and processes are introduced in a controlled manner to ensure robust production process.
• Support CAPEX team in the delivery of CAPEX projects and if necessary, act as technical point of contact with potential suppliers.
• Responsible for owning the OEE model and associated updates aligned to capacity increase predictions but must work closely with plant manager & work centers to understand line standard rates.
• Support Operations Director in reporting progress to the Management Team and Supervisory Board.
• Support CI & Lean activities across the shop floor through driving process improvement Kaizens to reduce cycle time on various different activities.
• Evaluate and improve manufacturing methods for maximum efficiency.
• Implementation and adoption of industry 4.0 initiatives such as BIG data, MBE, PLM
• Support where necessary with the implementation of ERP system to ensure a fully integrated business system is delivered.
• Any other business-related activities as directed by the Operations Director.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills able to synthesize considerable and complex data.
• At least 8 years’ Production Engineering experience in an extrusion process environment with experience in the following areas; extrusion, tape winding, composite consolidation and controls.
• Change agent skilled at dealing with change and strong influencing skills particular with frontline production staff and internal stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal / written communication skills with an ability to operate at all levels within the business.
• Team player able to work well across business operations and develop strong relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to influence teams regarding quality, productivity and customer service.
• Strong PC skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to work autonomously with limited direction but also effectively as part of a team.
This role will have no direct reports but will be expected to act as a senior member of the Operations Team liaising with all areas of the business.