Reporting directly into Operations Director this role is focused on developing and managing the overall production schedule. Taking into account input from various internal stakeholders. Will continuously analyze and adjust production targets based upon plan adherence. Report on production progress and work to ensure realistic schedules are provided to the front end of the business for submission to clients. Responsible for creating effective production schedules which promote increased efficiency and productivity ultimately resulting in reduced operating costs. The successful candidate must have experience in a production environment with an ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Develop Production Schedule (frozen plan) in company system covering detailed instructions for shop floor work load whilst ensuring that all company goals are achieved and OTD to clients maintained.
- Ability to liaise and analyze information from numerous departments to develop frozen plan; including as a minimum production info from shifts (reported progress), projects (project specific requirements), technology (development trials), quality (inspection & testing) and asset management (planned maintenance).
- Manage load levelling and bottleneck scheduling whilst understanding constraints for more accurate scheduling i.e. know available capacity before planned orders are scheduled.
- Set production targets on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and co-ordinate
- daily production and weekly planning meetings to track progress against frozen plan targets.
- Monitor plan stability and schedule changes whilst ensuring root causes for volatility of schedule are resolved.
- Support production team in resolution of production problems to ensure downtime on assets is kept to a minimum by developing recovery plans.
- Support production management in the management and maintenance of the visual management boards (GEMBA / info center) on shop floor.
- Ensure desired inventory levels are maintained by closely working with the supply chain team including the warehouse.
- Support in the development of project schedules by calculating production lead times and providing updates on production progress in accordance with Project Management procedures.
- Review requests for new sales orders and provide accurate dates to commercial & sales to ensure realistic promise dates are submitted to clients.
- Develop and establish reporting of KPI’s including but not limited to labour, productivity performance and cycle time statistics for production activities.
- Develop and maintain production dashboard for reporting purposes to management team and supervisory board.
- Translate changes to standard rates issued by Production Engineering into equivalent run rates accounting for agreed calendars and update production plans accordingly.
- Provide input to finance and commercial on slot plans, revenue forecast and costings for the sales and operations planning (S&OP) process for incoming volume and capacity.
- Tracking, forecasting and planning of transportation & installation reels to ensure production is not impacted by lack of or surplus reels on site.
- Ensure planning methodologies cover all aspects of manufacturing to ensure pipe is ‘pulled’ into pipe completion.
- Support implementation of ERP system from a planning / scheduling perspective to ensure a fully integrated business system is delivered.
- Any other business related activities as directed by the Operations Director.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills able to synthesize considerable and complex data.
- At least 3 years’ experience in scheduling / planning position within a production environment using recognized planning software for example Microsoft Project or Primavera.
- Change agent skilled at dealing with change and strong influencing skills particular with frontline production staff and clients.
- Strong interpersonal / written communication skills with an ability to operate at all levels within the business.
- Team player able to work well across business operations and develop strong relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to influence teams regarding quality, productivity and customer service.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work autonomously with limited direction but also effectively as part of a team.
- Preferably APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) or equivalent certified in production and inventory management.
- Preferably lean or green belt six sigma certified.
- This role will have one direct report initially with requirement to manage a larger team in the future.
- The position we offer you
- We offer you a role within a dynamic, growing and innovative company
- You will work in a pleasant, open and challenging work place with enthusiastic colleagues
- Salary indication will be based on your relevant knowledge and work experience
- Strohm has its own pension scheme
- We offer 32 holidays based on fulltime
- You will be stationed at our office in Ijmuiden
Strohm is an exciting and diverse organisation, with the goal to deploy new TCP technologies in the energy arena. At Strohm you are part of the energy transition from the heart, from serving traditional offshore developments in the Oil and Gas sphere to future developments in CCUS and Hydrogen transport. Together with the rest of the Strohm organization we ensure projects are delivered safely, with high quality, on time and within budget, and specifically within operations ensuring that Strohm has the most reliable and efficient plant and equipment to execute commercial projects and R&D.