date: Salary range:
As a project engineer you are responsible for supplying fully fit-for-purpose TCP solutions using your engineering and coordination skills. You use your knowledge and experience in offshore, subsea or installation engineering to balance product performance, project risks and costs. Work is performed both in commercial projects as well as in development projects.
• Responsible for all engineering activities within the assigned projects while ensuring engineering documents and project deliverables are delivered on time and within budget.
• Liaise internally with various departments within Strohm including production, procurement, pipe completion, testing and composite engineering to ensure successful project execution
• Work closely with assigned Project Manager to lead and solve complex engineering problems, and identify possibilities of improving competitiveness of TCP
• Review client specifications for assigned projects to ensure TCP solutions are fit-for-purpose with a critical eye on quality control and safety
• Technical contract management of suppliers of ancillaries required for the TCP. These include ancillaries such as, but not limited to, end fittings, weight modules, bend stiffeners and restrictors.
• Perform installation and in-place analysis on risers, flowlines and jumper spools as part of projects delivery under compressed timelines.
• Provide offshore support where and when needed (site visit, first installation / deployment).
Skills and experience
• Masters degree in Mechanical engineering, Marine Engineering, Offshore or Subsea engineering, or equivalent degree in sciences.
• 2-5 years proven track-record of working in the offshore energy industry as a project engineer or equivalent, preferably with flexible pipes, ancillary manufacturers and/or pipeline installation contractors.
• Experience of working with industry codes and standards such as API, DNV and Norsok to design fit-for-purpose subsea equipment, risers and flowlines.
• Experience in offshore engineering, methods of installation / operation and related ancillary equipment such as bend restrictors, bend stiffeners, buoyancy and weight modules and installation aids.
• Good command of the English language (written & spoken) is essential. Additional European language such as French, Portuguese or Dutch is advantageous.
• Proactive, team-player with excellent communication skills.
• Willing to work offshore when required
• We offer you a role within a dynamic, growing and innovative company
• You will work in a pleasant, open and challenging work place with enthusiastic colleagues
• Salary indication will be based on your relevant knowledge and work experience
• STROHM has its own pension scheme
• We offer 32 holidays based on fulltime employment
• Office location: IJmuiden
About the company
STROHM is a young and dynamic company that designs and manufactures high-end Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP) for the oil and gas industry. The head office is near Amsterdam in The Netherlands, with offices in Houston, Rio de Janeiro and Kuala Lumpur. The company is constantly developing. We are a young multinational, operating world-wide, currently employing 17 nationalities. TCP is a revolutionary product that enables STROHM to become an important supplier to the oil and gas industry. The application of TCP allows for change of the current ways of working and enables more cost-efficient project execution. The atmosphere at STROHM is enterprising, pioneering and collegial, together we are building a unique product.
The engineering for TCP design and its application is integrated in the multidisciplinary department TCP Engineering. Project Engineers are part of the Project Engineering team and report to the Project Engineering Team lead, while working in close collaboration with other engineering teams to develop a full fit-for-purpose TCP solution.