Composite Development Engineer
About the job
As a member of the technology organisation at Strohm, you will be part of the team that is responsible for the development and qualification of new products and improvements across the entire Strohm portfolio. Specifically, you will take charge of the development of new processing methods and design tools (including their validation) related to the production of thermoplastic composite pipes.
- Lead cross functional teams to develop process campaign plans for new product and application development.
- Define, validate and improve recipes for thermoplastic composite pipe consolidation processes.
- Evaluation of process and product performance to identify and implement improvements to product quality.
- Technical point of contact for specialist sub-contract services relating to product and process development.
Skills and experience
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Composite Engineering or equivalent.
- 2 years experience
- Fundamental knowledge of thermoplastic material properties with a focus on processing raw materials into structural components – moulding, extrusion, blowing etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of modelling techniques used in thermoplastic composite manufacturing processes.
- Experience with thermoplastic composite processing is of advantage
- Experience in engineering processes and documentation (reports, drawings, RCA)
- Experience with cross platform data acquisition, translation & storage
- Data processing for feedback, evaluation, optimisation and control of manufacturing processes
- Strong analytical skills, including statistical analysis
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good command of the English language (written & spoken) is essential. Dutch is advantageous.
About the company
Strohm is a young and dynamic company that designs and manufactures high-end Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP) for the oil and gas industry. The head office is near Amsterdam in The Netherlands and Strohm has regional offices in Houston, Kuala Lumpur and Brazil. The company is constantly developing. We are a young multinational, operating world-wide, currently employing 17 nationalities.
TCP is a revolutionary product that enables Strohm to become an important supplier to the oil and gas industry. The application of TCP allows for change of the current ways of working and enables more cost efficient project execution. The atmosphere at Strohm is enterprising, pioneering and collegial, together we are building a unique product.
If you require further information, please contact our HR department: + 31 (0)255 763563. If you are interested in applying for a position, please send your application to email@example.com.