Purpose of the function
The primary purpose of the Operations/Capex Engineering team is to ensure that the manufacturing facility has the correct equipment for the manufacture, testing and transport of TCP products and that it operates in a robust and efficient manner. This is achieved through a mixture of procurement of new equipment, upgrades to existing facilities for reliability/capability/capacity and cooperation with the Technology team to develop new processes/equipment.
The role of the CAD Engineer is to support the engineering work with CAD, engineering and implementation tasks and procurement support.
Position in the organization
Reports to : Operational Services Manager
Manager of : n.a.
- Design in 3D CAD and produce detail parts drawings and GA’s as required
- Work on the specification, design, upgrade and installation of TCP manufacturing and process equipment. This includes integration of equipment from 3rd parties.
- Assist in the purchasing of machined and fabricated parts
- Creation and maintenance of BOM’s both within and outside of a PLM system
- Assist with the assembly and testing of new manufacturing concepts
- Assist the commercial projects team with end-fitting, auxiliary systems, (Deck)-layout drawings, packaging assembly drawings etc
- Be the “gatekeeper” for the CAD system to ensure other users utilize the correct templates and approved processes for part and drawing creation
- Strict implementation of Strohm’s equipment numbering methodology and maintenance of related documentation
1. Internal communication
- Within the Operations/Capex Engineering team, on daily basis
- With the process engineering, asset management, work preparation and manufacturing teams
- To suppliers principally for machining and fabrication of bespoke design components/assemblies
- To suppliers of off-the-shelf equipment and purchase parts
- Vocational education (MTS) Mechanical Engineering/Industrial Design or equivalent (6 years’ experience) or Bachelor’s degree Mechanical Engineering/Industrial Design or equivalent (4 years’ experience)
- Experience with Creo between versions V4 through V7
- Experience in 2D CAD programs (DraftSight, AutoCAD or similar)
- Experience with Windchill or similar PLM system (desirable)
- Excellent communication written and verbal inEnglish
- Basic in Dutch, sufficient to interact with operators
- 3+ year working experience in engineering equipment for production systems
- Organizing and Realization
- Effective Communication
- Problem Solving
- Safety Awareness